In our office in Amsterdam (neighbourhood Oud-West) we currently work with 5 people; from here we coordinate all our activities. Worldwide we work with a pool of about thirty freelancers, both creative (Photoshop and Illustrator work, drawing, design, photography, copy writing, etc) and commercial (sales, marketing).
To fit in our team, you need to have a genuine interest in our products and an open-minded view of the world. Our employees are expected to be responsible, self-motivated and creative in the performance of their jobs. Working in a small team means that you will have to execute a wide range of tasks – sometimes beyond your immediate area of work – and our employees are flexible and pro-active in picking up work as needed.
Currently we have the following vacancy:
1. EXPERIENCED OFFICE MANAGER (24–32 hrs/wk)
The Pepin Press has customers, suppliers and sales representatives all over the world and keeps stocks in Europe, Asia and the U.S. Despite our small size, this makes for a fairly complex organisation and administrative structure. We are looking for a very versatile, experienced colleague to help us to improve and manage this.
- General office management;
- Assistance to the sales director, sales staff and bookkeeper;
- Preparing financial reports for our sales staff and sales representatives;
- Maintenance of various databases;
- Verification of distribution report, sales accounts, etc.;
- Verification of incoming invoices and preparing these for payment.
- Confident communicator, fluent in Dutch and English (German and French are very welcome);
- At least 8 years of similar work experience, of which at least 3 years with one employer;
- Problem-solving attitude, used to work independently;
- Advanced knowledge of current office software (MS Office) and ERP software (preferably AFAS);Experience with financial administration and international trade and shipping arrangements;
- Living in (greater) Amsterdam.
Contract, Salary, Enquiries
Pepin Press employees start on temporary contracts as permitted by Dutch law. We offer salaries commensurate with education and experience of the selected candidate(s). For a guideline, the following link can be consulted: intermediair-salariskompas.
We cannot answer questions by phone. If you have a question about jobs at The Pepin Press, please write an email to: Nataša Ivković. We will respond to relevant enquiries by email or call you back.
If you wish to apply
Please read the job description and requirements carefully and take a look at our presence on the web. If you feel that a job at The Pepin Press is suitable for you and you are sure you meet the requirements, please send a brief letter in English stating your background and motivation, and include a CV. Applications can be directed to: Nataša Ivković.
Currently we have the following FREELANCE openings:
1. SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR/COORDINATOR
- Create a social media strategy in close cooperation with our sales people;
- Write intelligent copy aimed at consumers as well as a B2B audience;
- Liaise with designers and photographers to bring content together;
- Monitor and analyse the effect of our social media presence.
- Experience in the commercial use of social media;
- Personal interest in our line of work;
- Fluent in English;
- Critical thinker with excellent writing skills.
- Living in (greater) Amsterdam.
Estimated number of hours: 10 per month
2. U.S. SALES SUPPORT & TRADE SHOW ASSISTANT
Location: (greater) New York, New Jersey
- Coordinate with our office in Amsterdam our participation in trade shows in New York and elsewhere in the U.S.;
- Liaise with show organizers, contractors, furniture and utility suppliers, warehouse and shippers.
- Proven organisational skills;
- Commercially astute, independent and responsible personality;
- Able to allocate time when needed.
It may be possible to combine this work with other sales work for The Pepin Press.
Estimated number of hours: 20 to 30 around each trade show.
3. SALES REPS
Location: U.S. and several other territories
For several territories and markets we are looking for sales representatives. Enquire for more information.
If you are interested in applying for a freelance position, please send and email and attach your CV.