The aim of The Pepin Press is to excel in its specific line of publishing; artistically, editorially and commercially. Currently, our team consists of seven employees and more than thirty freelancers. All our employees are expected to be responsible, self-motivated and creative in their respective roles. A strong interest in our field of publishing is essential.
Currently, we are looking for the following:
SALES ASSISTANT (part time)
Our sales staff consists of a Sales Director, an Account Manager and a Logistics Co-ordinator, assisted by a team of representatives, who maintain contacts with many types of traditional and on-line clients worldwide. Sales work involves the active promotion of our programme, as well as the preparing and feeding of data (book specifications, descriptions, image files, etc.) into various databases that are consulted by our customers.
The person we are looking for will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Assisting with on-line sales and managing on-line content
- Servicing orders from individuals and retailers
- Analysis of statistics and reports
- Customer-friendly and flexible personality
- Experience with internet sales
- Proficient in the use of current software
- Fluency in English. Additional language skills are welcome.
DESIGNER/PICTURE EDITOR (part time)
Publishing visual resource books for artists and designers involves the following: selecting and organising images in our picture archive; determining image quality and practicality; writing introductions and captions; and managing design and DTP work. We are looking for someone who has experience in at least one of these areas and the ability to creatively contribute to the development of our series.
- Affinity with Pepin Press books and an understanding of our intended users
- Very organized and careful work habits; advanced computer proficiency
- An excellent visual memory and knowledge of historical and cultural decorative styles
- Several years of relevant work experience, of which at least two years with one employer
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for one of these jobs, please write a brief letter stating your background and your motivation for wanting to work with us, and include a CV. The Pepin Press only accepts carefully prepared applications received by post and email (in English or Dutch).
If you have questions after reading the above, please contact Pepin van Roojen by phone at + 31 20 4202021 or (preferably) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pepin Press BV
P.O. Box 10349
1001 EH Amsterdam
The Pepin Press is keen to get to know people who are attracted to our way of publishing and selling books. If you would like to apply for a position but do not fit one of the current vacancies, please send us an open application and CV by post or email, and mark your letter accordingly.